Finnish Association of Art Schools is an umbrella organisation for art schools for children and young people. It was founded in 1982 and has 63 member organisations.
The Association promotes
- the interests of schools that provide basic education in the visual arts to children and young people,
- the standard of art education provided by its member organisations,
- the status of the visual arts in the national school and art education system,
- the status of children’s culture and art education in national cultural policy,
- awareness of the activities and goals of institutions that provide basic education in the visual arts,
- cooperation between Finnish and foreign parties, and
- art education to improve the welfare of children and young people, sustainable development and cultural diversity.